This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

MTP support?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
liquidat

MTP support?

Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:35 pm
Hi,

I got a new player which has only mtp* support - that showed me, that there will be several new players in the next few months (and years) which will only (!) work with mtp.

Will there be a mtp support for amarok? Similar to the ipod support? If it can help, I still have this player and would be able to test it...

liquidat

* mtp is the \"Multimedia Transport Protocol\" from M$ and Canon. It is an enhacement of the Picture Transport Protocol, ptp, which is well supported by linux (gphoto2 and libptp). The most new players from iriver will need this to communicate with a computer. THe only known program which supports it at the moment is the Windows Media Player. Some more information and specs can be found here:
http://liquidat.blogspot.com/2005/09* Anonymous ... tocol.html
sebr

Re:MTP support?

Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:41 pm
It\'s impossible to get support for a media device if none of the developers have the required hardware.

Feel free to donate :-)
liquidat

Re:MTP support?

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:20 am
I think you have better things to do with the few money you get. But you should keep in mind that there is this problem.

I have looked around the sepcs (see the blog) and discovered that you are not allowed to use them when you are programming something which is included in Free Software. That\'s the Microsoft Way of defining \"standards\" ...

liquidat