This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Smart Playlists ... "Expand By" Issue?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
Can\'t seem to get Dynamic Mode to do what I tell it...

Scenario

16,516 MP3s (I help run a legal online station), which are 1,159 artists. All are MB-tagged plus I\'ve put genres and release years on everything.

I want a Random playlist that\'s only rock or metal, with the ability to select \"by year\".

I create a Smart Playlist using the following:
[code:1]Match *any* of the following:
Genre contains \"Rock\"
Genre contains \"Metal\"

Order By Random > Completely Random
Limit to 15 Tracks (I\'ve tried no limit or higher limits)
Expand by Year
[/code:1]

Now loading the Smart Playlist appears to be giving me what I asked for. No non-rock/metal genres seem to appear.

The problem lies in the \"Expand By Year\". Sometimes I\'m wanting to flashback to the hair metal days of the 80\'s.

I Expland the smart playlist and it shows all the available years. Now I\'ve got more than enough songs that would fit in each year so it\'s not a matter of not having tracks.

What happens? I right-click 1986 for example, and Load.

What I get is songs from every year, as if I loaded the main smart playlist rather than the Expand By sub-entry. :-/

That can\'t be right... am I doing something wrong here?

eean
KDE Developer
OS
I can reproduce this. It works fine when you Expand-By with no genre\'s, but it messes up once you do.

Amarok Developer
HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
Update: Still broke in 1.3.2 (wasn\'t expecting it to be fixed that quick, just noting it for-the-record).

Bug report submitted: Bug 113044