This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

My player's mixed up between Chinese and English..

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
damoN
Hi, I\'ve only started using my amaroK weeks ago, but I have never looked back... makes me wonder why I never got anything like it when I was using windows.

Maybe it\'s because I am Singaporean and so I installed english and chinese lang packs on my system, but whenever I am viewing my playlists, some of the labels on the buttons and checkboxes and captions appear in a mix of english and chinese, and while I don\'t see it as a major problem, I hope somebody here has a way to change it all to english. I don\'t have problems reading chinese but it\'s a big eyesore when everything else is english and some thing crops up in another lang.

Thanks, if anyone could post how to get round this! :lol:
(If it helps, I\'m using FC4, amaroK 1.3.1 and KDE 3.4.2)
sebr
this is because the translation isn\'t complete!
Hydrogen
Registered Member
What lang is your \'prefered\' one? Most likely, the chinese translation is not yet complete... (with your mastery of both languages, maybe you want to help that out!). Not quite sure how you can say \"prefer english over chinese\" however.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
I believe its an option in kcontrol.

The brute-force option is to:
mv `kde-config --prefix`/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/* /tmp

Then you\'ll always have en_US in all your KDE programs for sure. :P

Post edited by: eean, at: 2005/09/17 18:16

Amarok Developer
damoN
Hey thanks...

I use both languages in my daily life but I express myself and read in English better... that\'s just my preference. I won\'t say I am a \"master\" in Chinese, but see a need, fill a need. How can I help out in translation? I actually find the translations weird in the first place.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Yes, please contact the i18n team at:
http://i18n.kde.org/teams/
Looks like you get your choice of simplified and traditional.

Thanks! Singaporeans are probably the ideal translators.

Amarok Developer