This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

systray magic stop button or hotkey

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
franzff

systray magic stop button or hotkey

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:01 am
Hi!

I really love amaroK and the super stop button.

I\'d like to see a \"stop playing after current track\" even in the systray menu (when right-clicking in the amaroK icon).
I don\'t know if a better solution is to have both \"stop\" and \"stop after...\" in the menu or having a stop sub-menu...

Alternatively is there a keyboard hotkey that toggle \"stop playing after current track\"?

Thanks for your attention :)
fanoodlehey
I\'m new to amaroK so I may not be right about this but since you don\'t have any other replies I\'ll do my best.

I think you can use KHotKeys to bind a key combo to a dcop call.

That dcop call would be \'dcop amarok playlist setStopAfterCurrent(true)\' in order to enable stop after current track.

Bind another key combo to \'dcop amarok playlist setStopAfterCurrent(false)\' in order to disable stop after current track.

I haven\'t used any dcop calls yet so this is all guess work. Plus I\'ve assumed that true and false are correct rather than 0 and 1 or maybe something else. :huh: I\'m not in front of my linux pc so I don\'t have the chance to test this. I\'ll give it a go this evening.

Good luck.
fanoodlehey
Yeah, I was wrong about the format of the dcop calls, if you can bind a key to [code:1]dcop amarok playlist setStopAfterCurrent true[/code:1] you should be alright.