This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

a few suggestions, icons & renaming..

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
H
hi, I\'ve been using amarok for a couple of months now, and I think it\'s been the first linux audio player to fully replace foobar2000 from my windows-using days. I\'ve just got a few suggestions that I think would improve the overall usability of the application.

I think we should be able to set custom icons for the artist, album, genre etc.. icons in the collection view..

the ability to add our own custom meta-tags to mp3 files would be good too, or at least to write to all available id3v2 tags, and possibly also support for renaming files based on id3 and meta-tags.

er, yeah. this sounds extremely stilted, but I don\'t post on forums much.

thanks.
hish
Registered Member
I\'m not sure if I wan clear enough, let me try to clarify.

in the collections view, there are \'crystal\' themed icons beside the tag groups - artist/album/etc. would it be possible to add the ability to set a custom icon for those groups?

so you could use album cover art for the album groups, and images of artists for the artist groups.

the other thing that\'d be great is if the devs can extend tag support to at least all id3v2 tags, such as composer, publisher etc, and perhaps even support for meta-tags.

then give an option to add custom columns to the playlist window, allowing us to sort by our meta-tags.

also support for renaming files from tags would be really good.

er, I hope this is a little easier to understand.
thanks..