This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

script button

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fanoodlehey

script button

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Is there a possibility in amaroK to allocate a button to run a particular script rather than opening up the script menu thing and selecting and running a script.

I am not a programmer but I hope to try writting a small, simple script using python and some dcop calls. The idea is that the script will look at the current playing track in the playlist and add the next track from the current track\'s album to the playlist just after the currently playing track. Make sense? So, you have a random playlist and a tune starts playing and you like the next tune on the album too, rather than browse for the album and drag the next tune into the playlist, you just run the script.

But, if running the script is as much hassle as browsing for the track this idea falls down before it starts.

So can scripts be run from a simple button click or allocated to a key combo?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:script button

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 pm
Sinc your program doesn\'t have to be run from amaroK\'s scripting interface, you could use KHotKeys to bind it to a key combo.

Amarok Developer
fanoodlehey

Re:script button

Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:24 pm
So if I am correct what you\'re saying is to run the small program entirely outside of amaroK and let the only amaroK interaction be dcop calls. That would be fine by me. I don\'t see there being a lot of call from other people to use this script so a simple key combo is ok.