This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

reqests/sugjestions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
visitor

reqests/sugjestions

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:09 am
i have a few sugjestions/requests for the excellent developers of AmaroK:

1. in the collection tab in the conexant (spelling??) browser, instead of having a blue head and upper body pic for every single artist, why not have amaroK search amazon for the artist, and put a small pic next to the name. it would, imo make get rid of the \"sameness\" of that tab. the context tab is colorful, and featureful, and this tab is boring. spice it up.

2. automatically detect an audio cd. under media devices, when a cd is put into a drive, detect it, and try to identify it, and give us a choice of whether to play it, rip it (mp3, wav, or ogg), or ignor it. the current way of handling this is just sup par. it is the one downgrading thing in amaroK.

3. develop your own icons for pause, play, ff, rr, & stop. amaroK uses the ones the distro uses, in every distro, its different. furthermore, they just look \"boring\". create your own that will fit into amarok better.

4. get rid of the ugly new splash screen for 1.3.2. its ugly. go back to the wolf splash, which is by far the best.

5. when the amaroK window is on top/the active window, dont have the osd come on. you already know what\'s playing and so forth. it just gets in the way. but when its not the active window, have it do its normal thing, cuz its sweet.

6. amarok is fast, but since the 1.3 release, it takes up a TON of cpu power (btw, this is in Linspire, kanotix, and ubuntu). using the top command, amaroK usually uses between 45% and 99% of the cpu...this is with an amd 64 3000+. i guess this is more of a bug...but it would make me happy if this was looked into ;)

7. this last one is a doubtful, but it would be cool if amaroK itself could connect to a music store. mp3.com/cnets, or mp3tunes, cdbay...it would be cool.

thanks for listening to me ramble on and on.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:reqests/sugjestions

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:58 pm
Yea, amaroK doesn\'t really do anything with CDs. Which is fine with me. :P Maybe this can be improved in amaroK 2.0 though.

...and yea, using that much CPU is a bug. Try using a different sound engine.

Amarok Developer
visitor

Re:reqests/sugjestions

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:43 am
it doesnt matter what engine i\'m using....it never makes any difference...