This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Output to Squeezebox?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Xhorder

Output to Squeezebox?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:43 pm
Is using amarok as a frontend for Slim Device\'s Squeezebox even a remote possibility?

It would be a match made in heaven if I could use amarok to stream out to my squeezebox. The slimserver UI just isn\'t the same...
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Output to Squeezebox?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:30 am
Without knowing the specifics really, it seems like an amaroK script could be used to control a squeezebox server.

Amarok Developer
vulcanbomber

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:16 am
I would like this a s well
Linzer

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:39 pm
http://amarok.kde.org/index.php?set_albumName=album03&id=shouter&option=com_gallery&Itemid=60&include=view_photo.php shows amaroK streaming to WinAmp. From what I know about a Squeezebox, it can accept streams so this should be one way to use amaroK as the backend control.

HTH
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:22 am
If you grab the Shouter script (which comes with amarok) you can server up a shoutcast stream based on what is currently playing, controlled by amarok.

I don\'t know if slimserver can play that, but if it can then you should be all set.

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Xhorder

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:35 pm
Yes, squeezebox can play a shoutcast stream, and I think this might work..

However, it appears Shouter only works with MP3 (??) and since I have only FLAC I can\'t get it to work.

so close and yet so far...
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Xhorder wrote:
Yes, squeezebox can play a shoutcast stream, and I think this might work..

However, it appears Shouter only works with MP3 (??) and since I have only FLAC I can\'t get it to work.

so close and yet so far...
Setup icecast then, its supposedly possible to get it to stream directly from your sound card.

Amarok Developer