This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Smart playlsit/DB table extended

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Patrick Legault
Registered Member

Smart playlsit/DB table extended

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:06 am
I will first statr by a big THANK YOU to dev about how they solved and fixed my last bug pretty fast. Maybe it is just an illusion but following the suggestion about trying the SVN version amaroK, it seem faster which is great.

Now the feature suggestion

While trying to create a smart playlist based on the comment fields, I\'ve noticed only 4 choices are in the \"Expand by\" scrolldown menu : Artist, Genre, Album and Year. I gave a look at the MySQL DB structure and found those tables:

album
amazon
artist
directories
genre
images
related_artists
statistics
tags
year

Looking at the SQL query the \"expand by\" refer directly to the tables using the same names in the DB. IT is possible to extend the other ID tag field in the DB, to the same format structure in the DB? It will permit to users who fill those fields with specific value to being able to create a smart playlist who look like the prefab \"Genre\" one.

In my collection of I fill the comment field with the country where the artists/bands come from. It would look like this:

Country
+Canada
++D.O.A.
++S.N.F.U.
++Skinny Puppy
+Norway
++Darkthrone
+U.S.A
++Slayer

I\'ve tried to modify the code myselft but my lack in coding stopped me.

Post edited by: VampireWolf, at: 2005/10/23 13:30

Post edited by: VampireWolf, at: 2005/10/23 13:34