This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

multiple collections?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-terdon
Registered Member

Re: multiple collections?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 pm
Hi all, first off, I have been using amarok for years now and it has been and still is GREAT! Keep up the good work!

Now, I would also very much like multiple databases for the same reason as the original poster (laptop/file server/travel) is there any news on this front?

Thanks
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:41 pm
terdon wrote:Now, I would also very much like multiple databases for the same reason as the original poster (laptop/file server/travel) is there any news on this front?

Yep, technically Amarok 2 does already have all the foundations needed to support multiple collections. In fact it's already doing that, but only for collections of different types (e.g. an iPod collection, and soon also a CD collection, etc).

But for the future we also plan to support multiple local collections, which should be pretty easy to do now.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
imported-terdon
Registered Member

Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm
Oh, great! Iĺl check it out. The last couple of versions of amarok2 i tried i had to uninstall for various reasons. Most importantly, it could not deal with my (very) large collection.  I have been waiting for amarok2 to mature a bit before trying again.

Anyway, thanks for the answer, glad to hear you guys are on top of this and keep up the good work, amarok is the best music collection manager/player i have seen on any OS.
imported-l3u
Registered Member

Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm
Multiple local collections would really be great! Will this be included in the next Amarok release or is it a plan for the future?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 am
l3u wrote:Multiple local collections would really be great! Will this be included in the next Amarok release or is it a plan for the future?

Well, maybe in the next version, where next would mean 2.2, because 2.1 is almost finished.

We'll see :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
hengels
Registered Member

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am
+1 for multiple local collections!!!

Ideally this could be combined with transcoding .. I have most music in flac format on my media center .. for my laptop mp3 would be sufficient, my mp3 player doesn't support flacs.