This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic mode

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kriko
Registered Member
OS

Dynamic mode

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm
Hi!
I\'m using amarok 1.4 SVN and I\'m trying to get dynamic mode to work. In my case I would like to play songs, which have playcount=0 (never played). So, I click new dynamic playlist, type a name for it, and check \"never played\" checkbox under collection tree. After creating such dynamic playlist, I click on it, but nothing happens (actually, all songs from playlist are cleared, nothing added).
Is this feature curently broken?

Thanks.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Dynamic mode

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:50 pm
You were able to create \"never played\" dynamic lists in 1.3?

Amarok Developer
kriko
Registered Member
OS

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:47 pm
No, I never saved dynamic mode configuration into a playlist, since there was a handy menu from setting everything (in playlist window), now there is only Enable dynamic mode checkbox, not aditional config window.
dangle_wtf

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:50 pm
I was playing with this last night...

you might be thinking of a \'smart playlist\' ?

Dynamic mode can take a smart playlist and play random songs from it - just right-click and create a new dynamic playlist, and choose the smart playlist you wish to play from.

All the dynamic playlists in SVN can now be configured with a right-click. A much tidier interface, IMO :)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
kriko
Registered Member
OS

Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:30 pm
dangle_wtf:
I did it just like you described, it didn\'t work. Today I refreshed svn copy on my disk, installed and it works. It was a bug.
Btw, I like the new interface for dynamic playlists!
nokie

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:15 pm
Hey,

i have a question which is i think a bit related to this: I also tried the SVN version since yesterday, but i can\'t seem to figure out how i can make the dynamic playlist to work with suggested songs.

In the official versions, this was an option, but now i can\'t seem to find it anymore... I tried to create a smart playlist, but there is no \'suggested songs\' playlist option and i don\'t know how i should do this...
kriko
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 pm
nokie:
dangle_wtf already answered your question.
dangle_wtf

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:32 pm
kinda :)

It\'s even easier with suggested songs - load the \"suggested songs\" dynamic playlist, then add a few songs from your collection.

Unless you add some songs to start with, it\'s got nothing to suggest :D

I think, but not sure, that you also need to have registered with last.fm (make sure both boxes are checked on the last.fm settings page) and started submitting songs to your profile before it can retrieve suggestions.

Post edited by: dangle_wtf, at: 2005/11/06 16:35

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Highelf

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:12 pm
dangle_wtf wrote:
kinda :)

It\'s even easier with suggested songs - load the "suggested songs" dynamic playlist, then add a few songs from your collection.

Unless you add some songs to start with, it\'s got nothing to suggest :D

Here is my problem. Using the latestet svn version (1.4) there is no "suggested songs" dynamic playlist to choose. I tried doing one myself, but had to choose in between songs selected by the "smart" playlists, but again, no suggested song possibility. Am I missing something? (using latest svn on gentoo gnome system)
Thanks,
Julien
kriko
Registered Member
OS

Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:12 pm
Isn\'t there already a dinamic playlist called suggested songs? I can see it here, using 1.4 svn.
Highelf

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:41 am
Hi,

Nice to hear it should be there :) Now my question: How do I get it back? I don\'t know when or how it went lost, but how to restore it?
Thanks,
Ju
sebr

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:07 am
Delete your ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/partybrowser_cache.xml file and then restart amarok
sebr

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:08 am
Oh, you should delete it after quitting amarok. then start it.

ie, delete when amarok is not running
Highelf

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:46 pm
i deleted the /.kde/share/apps/amarok/partybrowser_save.xml (because I had no _cache.xml). Now it\'s working again !
Thanks a lot.
Ju
nokie

Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:00 pm
ok, i thought i was just plane stupid after the first answer. Thank god I wasn\'t the only one. Now it is solved (i found the suggested songs back), thanks for the help!