This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Equalizer issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Penguin

Equalizer issues

Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:34 am
Hey there. I just tried Amork and so far its a great app. However, and I have seen other threads about this, the EQ is really poor.

I use the xine engine and when I have the EQ off, the sound is louder, however, when I enable a preset, say Rock, the sound changes, but the volume drops dramatically.

Is there a way to fix this. This is really the only thing holding me back from using Amorok all the time.

XMMS doesn\'t appear to have this problem, FYI.

Thanks!!!

Joe
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Equalizer issues

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:38 am
The xine EQ is poor indeed :) We\'re aware of this. But that\'s not our fault, but xine\'s. If you want to see a better EQ in xine-lib (which should be trivial, technically), communicate your wish to the xine developers.

BTW: The EQ in the GStreamer engine is a custom amaroK plugin. It sounds much better. Give it a try.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Penguin

Re:Equalizer issues

Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:56 am
Ok, I have changed the engine to the GST engine. Seems to work ok, however, where can I download a different EQ. The one that I was using with the XINE engine is still doing the same thing with the GST engine.

I would love to try it out.

Thanks!!!

Joe