This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature req: Full podcast sync

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Snooo

Feature req: Full podcast sync

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 am
This could probably be resolved by a python script, but anyway...

Rather than just being able to queue up one track individually (as you can atm), it would be useful if one could sync all availible podcasts, checking against ones already sitting on the ipod. This would save a lot of time for people with a lot of podcasts to sync. I see you can already highlight podcasts and use the right click menu to sync multiple files, but a button that did it automagically would be super.

Thanks, great product btw.

Dave
sebr

Re:Feature req: Full podcast sync

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:53 pm
Fixed in svn, to a certain extent, check it out! :-)
snooo

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:37 pm
just recompiled...

dont see what you\'ve done. I notice the option to \"add tracks to media queue\" but that was there before, and would be a bit useless if the transfer queue gets cleared for some reason. A button that would add new downloaded podcasts to the queue at will would be useful to me, anyway.

Dave
aumuell

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:27 pm
Hi snooo,

what you can do now is select several podcast shows and put them on the transfer queue at once (didn\'t work before). The transfer queue does not get lost anymore - it is saved across amaroK sessions. And the configure dialogs for podcasts feature an option to automatically put them on the transfer queue as soon as they are downloaded.

What I still plan to do in the near future is an option to transfer the already downloaded podcasts recursively.
aumuell

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:29 pm
What I just forgot to say: in the media browser config dialog is an option to automatically delete podcast shows already listened to when the media device is connected.
Carsten

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:10 am
It would be great to automagically synchonize eg an iPod with a podcast which I subcribed. As simple as possible eg. right after connecting the device.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:55 am
could you please describe a little bit more detailed what exactly you are looking for?