This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ipod 5g support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ossi

ipod 5g support

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:23 pm
Hi!

I read a bit about the new ipod features and thought of it as a Amarok user. I guess Amarok really could become a really great Application when using your ipod. Think of features as Amaroks Coverfetching which would be transferred and used with your ipod or the transferring of lyrics you get over the web with Amarok.

Although Videos and there support is not that interesting for Amarok users I guess those two features could really make Amarok very popular in using with the ipod - however, there sure is still a long way to go, of course.
Does the new generation of the ipod already work with Amarok - anyone tried that out?
Rainmaker

Re:ipod 5g support

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 am
My nano works fine with it... From what I could find around the net 5g shouldn\'t have any problems either,

You do have an interesting point. Something I\'d like to see; in iTunes, there\'s an option to \"embed\" a picture. This is probably done by writing the picture in the id3v2 tag, When your ipod plays that song, it\'ll display the chosen picture.

Wouldn;t it be cool if amarok could implement this feature and combine it with tyhe cover-fetching feature? Like when it plays a certain song, the album cover gets displayed simultaniously?
niko

Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:22 am
cover art is something that will occur later (hopefully soon) in the libgpod development.

there is a program called qtalbumart that can embed images into mp3s on linux (and Windows). i agree it\'d be cool if amaroK also supported this. at the moment amaroK doesnt handle embedded images very well - higher compatibility is needed between embedded images and what is present in amaroKs database
ossi

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:06 am
Who knows anything about the lyrichs support?? Which programme do people here use - with my ipod shuffle I never really could get to work with Amarok - reading was no problem, but writing. I suppose 5g will work with gtkpod - I will try as soon as I got it with Amarok also and report.