This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

dcop playlist insert function request

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jackjumper
Hello All -

I\'m working on a web interface to my music collection, using AmaroK, mono, the dcop interface, and mysql. It\'s working pretty well so far, but there\'s some things I\'d like to do, but don\'t see how to easily.

What I\'d like to do is to be able to:

- Get a list of playlists
- Load a playlist
- Insert a song into the current playlist - to be played next, or to be at a certain position. For example, at a party I might have a playlist going, but let people pick songs to be played soon (not at the end of the playlist) as well as play songs in the original playlist if no-one\'s picking anything

I guess I can get a list of playlists by looking in the playlists directory, but there doesn\'t appear to be a way to tell Amarok to load or start using one.

I could reimplement all the playlist stuff myself, but as a web page, I don\'t have a good way to know when the current song ends, so how do I know when to start the next song? I\'d much rather have Amarok deal with it.

Any thoughts? What have I missed?

My stereo and main computer are downstairs and speakers upstairs, so just using the desktop interface isn\'t a simple option, and I don\'t want to use VNC, thanks. This is more fun. And this way I can use my PDA as well.

Tom
animefan
I back this request too. the dcop interface regarding playlists is really to simple. I also would like to make a playlist script, but currently several actions I NEEED are missing. :(