This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Re:Request: Reading m3u playlists created in Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
logan
All of my music archive on CDs contains m3u playlists created under Windows, that is with back slashes in paths instead of regular ones, which makes them unrecognized in amaroK.

I remember Totem not having problems with reading them directly, so I suggest making it possible in amaroK, too, if possible, in order to avoid editing them all, and separating them from already burned disks.

Thanks,
Logan.
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
amarok is not a cd player at all

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
ZeD
I think logan have a (more?) cd full width mp3s (and m3u)
Logan
Registered Member
I think logan have a (more?) cd full width mp3s (and m3u)

Yes, that\'s exactly the thing. I have all my music backed up on CDs as mp3s with m3u playlists, and not as audio CDs, if I didn\'t make myself clear enough. And most of music I usually get comes from Windows users. Now, if songs are sorted into official albums and are tagged, there is no problem for I can tell amaroK to sort them in the playlist window by their Track# tags.

But not all mp3s I have are tagged, and not all m3u playlists are restricted to albums - many are rather huge - so the only option I see is editing m3u files, and replacing back-slashes with /s, which is not at all comfortable, for I wouldn\'t be able to store newly made playlists together with appropriate mp3s, unless I re-burn all my collection, for almost all disks I have are closed for further writing.

I am currently using Slackware 10.2, but prior to that I used Mandrake and with it Totem Media Player, which had no problem loading m3us designed under Windows and its path making standard.

After seeing amaroK, returning to Totem is no longer an option ;), so I figured if it was possible there, it could be made possible in amaroK also.

Cheers and thanks.