This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

more audio streams

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Bastian Venthur

more audio streams

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:27 am
Hi Amarok-devs,

I am not very happy with the build-in list of radio-streams in amarok.

(1) It does not really reflect my taste
(2) It is (AFAIK) not removable

I remember that winamp has a cool stream browser where it lists all streams. Since this list is dynamic and not static I guess there must be some sort of online-service providing these infos.

Is it possible to replace the build-in list with this kind of browser? To be clear about this point: one should still be able to save/bookmark its favourite station but a dynamic list of available streams would be really usefull.

Kind regards,

Bastian
kettner

Re:more audio streams

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:40 pm
Hi,

Bastian Venthur wrote:
(2) It is (AFAIK) not removable

very annoying! Please make this list removable in the next release!

Klaus
B. Venthur

Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:55 pm
I really want to point out again, that a winamp-like stream browser would be a very good thing. I don\'t know whether you know winamp or not or even like amaroK to be compared with winamp but it\'s stream browser is definitly something amaroK misses.

The main features of this browser are:

(1) list of many available streams
(2) bitrate and listeners per stream

The second point is a very good mean to explore new and popular streams which you otherwise would not recognize.

Regards,

Bastian
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:04 am
B. Venthur wrote:
I really want to point out again, that a winamp-like stream browser would be a very good thing. I don\'t know whether you know winamp or not or even like amaroK to be compared with winamp but it\'s stream browser is definitly something amaroK misses.

The main features of this browser are:

(1) list of many available streams
(2) bitrate and listeners per stream

The second point is a very good mean to explore new and popular streams which you otherwise would not recognize.

Regards,

Bastian
The reason this isn\'t much of a priority is that shoutcast.com already does a admirable job of both those features.

Amarok Developer