This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

import from FILES to COLLECTION

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
peter

import from FILES to COLLECTION

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:28 am
first: I\'m overhelmed by amaroK. I used to use xmms and on my new system amarok was default for mp3 and I was **** off every time it started instead of xmms. Yesterday I gave it a try and .... WOW !!!

now to my problem:
I setup my collection and amaroK recognized most of my musicfiles correct. But some albums where not included under artist/album but under tracknumber/unknown.

So now I have a artist 01 in my collection that has one unknown CD that contains about 15 first tracks of all the albums that amarok could not interpret correctly.
And then there is artis02 with an unknown CD that contains 15 second tracks of the same CDs and so on.

Manually cleaning the mess is much of a work and I have the correct files for each album together on my harddisk. So I would like be able to switch from collection-view to file-view - select one album and edit autor/album there for the whole album at once. But there is no such option :(

thnx,
peter
oggb4mp3
Registered Member

Re:import from FILES to COLLECTION

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:47 am
If you place all the albums you want to change the artist or album name for in the playlist at once then highlight all of them, when you right-click you should be able to edit all the tags at once.