This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Support for Dell DJ

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
footer

Support for Dell DJ

Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 pm
Is support for the Dell DJ coming any time soon? Or does it already exist and I just missed it??? I\'m using Amarok 1.3.1.

Thanks!!!

:)
oggb4mp3
Registered Member

Re:Support for Dell DJ

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:45 am
If the Dell DJ is simply a USB mass storage device, there are plans for support for those kind of players in 1.4.

If it is a proprietary protocol, the best way to get support if you can\'t code it yourself is to get a player into the hands of one of the devs. WIthout the hardware, it is nearly impossible to implement support. ipod and ifp support is built in because those are the players the devs own.
Terrance L. Dreyer
Registered Member

Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:48 am
Thanks for that explanation. I did not know that but it makes sense! After doing a little research, I found this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnomad2

which works great. The Dell DJ is a USB device so perhaps it will be supported in 1.4. I guess I\'ll have to wait and see as I am not a programmer ... but sometimes I wish I was!

Thanks!!!
oggb4mp3
Registered Member

Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:32 pm
most players are usb devices, but some are not standard mass storage devices, which means a proprietary protocol is used to communicate with the device. Since a gnomad2 project exists, my guess would be that it is proprietary, although I have no experience with the device.