This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio CD\'s and MP3 CD\'s in my collection?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jethro
Hi everybody,

I\'ve just discoverd Amarok and it blows my mind. I\'m just starting out with Linux and I\'m getting overwelmed by all the beautifull things which are just out there, available for the community! But anyways, let\'s go to the reason of my post on this forum: I have a lot of audio CD\'s, MP3 CD\'s and MP3 DVD\'s. Is it possible to import them in the collection of Amarok in some way? Needles to say I don\'t want to put al these CD\'s on my harddrive.

Best regards,
Jethro
oggb4mp3
Registered Member
audio cd\'s can\'t be imported to the collection, and removeable media is presently not supported, although I have heard some talk of trying to do that, although from what I understand, it isn\'t an easy thing to implement. SO the answer to both of you questions is no.

You must have a really small hard drive if you don\'t want to copy your mp3s on it.
Jethro
I have over 50 MP3 DVD\'s a dozen MP3 CD\'s and hundreds of audio CD\'s. I\'m not going to put that on my harddrive. No matter how big or small it is :)
ElKooder
Registered Member
Hi sorry to bring this thread, but its exactly what I wanted to ask!
Is there a way to do this, add multiple CDs to the collection without re-scanning them every time?

Thanks.