This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: \"More songs like this...\"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jackson
I just got an idea that I think might be really good for people with large music collections (I\'ve got well over 10,000 tracks myself)... I would really like to see an item available from the right-click context menu on individual songs for something like \"More songs like this...\" which could retrieve similar artists/etc from last.fm. Often times, I\'m just in the mood for a specific song, and once I hear it I want to hear more songs like it... I think this would be a cool way to impliment that... thoughts? discuss...
Frido Roose
Registered Member
How would this be different from putting 1 song in your playlist and enabling dynamic mode with \"suggested songs\"?

Your suggestion would be a bit easier (less clicks), but I think the end result is the same? Or did you still have something else in mind?
jackson
perhaps I misunderstood the concept of the suggested songs feature. Does it suggest songs based on what\'s already in your playlist? I was under the impression that it generated them from your general listening statistics. If they are generated from your general listening statistics, then I still like my feature suggestion because often times I\'m just in the mood for, say, a lighter song or more technical music or perhaps orchestral music...and general statistics would just basically play random music because my taste is so broad... however, if suggestions are generated based on the existing playlist, then my suggestion isn\'t all that useful.
oggb4mp3
Registered Member
The suggested Songs is based on the last.fm statistics, so it is more like what you want.