This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

show what background tasks are running

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
queshaw
I\'m still in the early stages of trying amarok. I subscribed to a few podcasts and amarok spent all yesterday doing something. I gather it tried to download every single podcast that each site had, which is of course not what I want.

Today I decided I should limit the number of podcasts it keeps to 2. Now, it\'s been running background tasks for a few hours. What\'s it doing? Maybe it\'s uploading my harddrive to russia. It would be nice if I could see what the background tasks are that it\'s performing.
sebr
the statusbar has messages explaining what amarok is doing
queshaw
Well, the status bar says \"multiple background tasks\" are running. If it\'s downloading, I\'d like to be able to see what it is downloading.
donmiguel
Registered Member
well, the statusbar doesn't say much when it comes to describing what it's doing..

yesterday my amarok did a few hours, every 10 secs: updatign collection... so i began not to believe it anymore and wanted to know what exactly it's updating, and where. But there was no way at all to find that out! the log was just the same·..very helpful. this way i couldn't be sure if it's in a loop or not....

i think some more detailed log file would be a nice feature!
cyrus007
Registered Member
You might want to run it from the console to find out what messages it is spewing to the console.
donmiguel
Registered Member
well, there it doesn't even mention it.. just a few DCOP()-functions that didn't return any result or sth similar :)
i'm still suggesting a better log :)