This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

not working anymore - musicbrainz

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sw

not working anymore - musicbrainz

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:10 am
hi people,

i use amaroK since a while and liked that MusicBrainz - feature a lot. So if you right-klick an a file in your playlist and edit it\'s tags there is a button which suggests doing that automatically for you. this worked up to suse 9.3 - but with suse 10 and kubuntu 5.10 (which i\'m using now) it doesn\'t. i can press the button, bu it only says - it cannot find anything on MusicBrainz. this answer comes too fast, which makes me guess that i just didn\'t install a program needed.

please help me - tkanks .... and GREAT work!! (besides that issue ;) )

p.s.: i\'m using amaroK 1.3.6 (as far as i can remember :( )
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Re:not working anymore - musicbrainz

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:27 am
thing is, you need libtunepimp-mad for mp3 support. build it from source. search the forum and have a look in the wiki: there is a page on mp3 support in suse 10.
sw
hi - thank you for your answer.
i did two things now:

1) update to amaroK 1.3.7 via kubuntu repository
2) downloaded the source-code of libtunepimp from musicbrainz.org, compiled and installed it (no flags to configure)

but it still doesn\'t work.

so thank you again - in advance ofcourse :)

p.s.: wouldn\'t it be better to present some notification, that this lib is missing when pushing the button ? :dry:
Ben
For Breezy (Kubuntu 5.10) you need the debs from the unstable section of Debian rather than testing. You will know if they are the right ones if it is libtunepimp2c2 rather than libtunepimp2.

Go to http://www.us.debian.org/distrib/packages and use their package search function. Search for tunepimp in debian unstable. (This is a link to my search results http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/sear ... elease=all )

Download these files to an empty folder

libtunepimp-bin
libtunepimp2c2a
libtunepimp2-dev (Install this last one in case you ever want to build amarok from source or try out SVN)

then type: sudo dpkg -i *.deb

If there are no failures in the installation then musicbrainz should hopefully be working for amarok.

To test what formats tunepimp can look up in musicbrainz just type trm from a command line. The last line of the output is the supported files.

Good luck
sw

Re:not working anymore - musicbrainz

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:32 pm
i now have some dependency - problems but i think i should be able to solve them on my own - thank you very much for your advice!!

wish you a nice week.