This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tag Field Disc Number?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piedro

Tag Field Disc Number?

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:39 am
hi everybody!

i have the following request:

getting itunes files from an ipod or by itunes-sharing of music folders i find many multiple disc albums e.g. pink floyd -the wall consisting of 2 discs. itunes tags the files with the track number and the disc number - resulting in the right play order (necessary for narrative or concept albums). using these files in amarok you get the wrong order of songs cause amarok doesn\'t read out the disk number field of these files.

i don\'t know about the ability of taglib or id3lib exactly but i know the fields in itunes files are like \"track X of N tracks\" and \"disc X of N discs\".

the only solution to this problem i could find is to sort them out manually and create either a correctly ordered playlist or retag all the fille to \"albumname (disc 1), albumname (disc 2)...\" and so forth.
quity unhandy...

btw the ipod or itunes files tag like that an every available format (except ogg wich isn\'t supported - that\'s why i refuse to use the apple stuff on a regular basis!)!

any solutions i missed?
if not this is my request to add support for these fields \"track X of N\" and \"disc X of N\". (and make amarok sort them correctly...

what do you think?

with compliments for the makers of amarok, the best audio software i know,
piedro