This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Virtual Playlists?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Eric Vaandering

Virtual Playlists?

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:03 am
Maybe I\'m not using the right term, but I would like to have BIG playlists for a lot of moods and be able to manage them easily.

The most obvious thing is that I like to put on music to fall asleep to, but don\'t really want Metallica waking me up in the middle of the night. What I\'d like to do is drop an artist into a virtual playlist and have them be marked as always good for \"Night\" and drop them into another for \"Party\" maybe. Then, anything I add to that artist is automatically included in these new lists.

If a whole artists catalog doesn\'t qualify, I\'d of course want to drop particular albums or songs in, and I could imagine being able to drop whole genres in.

Of course, I\'d want to be able to use score weighted random selection to get what to play or any other feature (like \"Play whole album\" which I hope is coming soon).

Sor far the only way I know to do this is try to add keywords like \"night\" and \"party\" to the comment fields, but I hope there is something easier I am overlooking.

Thanks,

Eric