This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Custom genres? AND ipod support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Seedsca

Custom genres? AND ipod support

Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:22 am
First of all Amarok Kicks ****!! I use it exclusively to play any of my music.

Is there a way to make Amarok recognize some custom genre names I\'ve created. I need this to create smart play lists. when I put my custom name under the conditions my list comes up empty.....

Also, is there any support for the ipod/itunes \"star rating\"? I hate itunes but my ipod is full of smart play lists that use the ratings. And I also think it is quite convenient.

Any ideas.....

and thanks for the program
dangle_wtf

Re:Custom genres? AND ipod support

Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:38 am
odd that your custom genres aren\'t showing up - all mine have always shown. amaroK doesn\'t have any \"pre-defined\" list or anything. what version of amaroK are you using, and what did you use to set your tags?

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
SergioS
Registered Member

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:22 am
It\'s version 1.3.7 and I must have used either itunes or Dr.tag (windows)
SergioS
Registered Member

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:40 am
I can use all the custom Genres I\'ve created. Just not under the smart play lists. Any one Have the same problem?

I guess there is no Ipod support in the \"star rating\" manner. Feature request?
dangle_wtf

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:06 am
oh, just thought of something. Make sure the name of your smart playlist isn\'t the same as an existing genre name, or it will be over-ridden by the automatic smart playlist of the same name (found under the \"collection|genre\" list). Also, if your custom smart playlist contains multiple rules that cancel each other out, change the \"match ALL conditions\" to \"match ANY condition\"

Post edited by: dangle_wtf, at: 2005/12/24 00:07

If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
SergioS
Registered Member

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:16 am
Wierd. I had a smart play list named test and in it was set up as genre is mellow. but when I loaded it nothing was there. also the autocomplete genre did not show any \"custom\" genres. I changed it to genre contains mellow, and it worked! Now it just works fine. But the custom genres still do not auto complete. is this the same for you?
dangle_wtf

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:20 am
no, sorry. mine have always autocompleted :blink:

dangle_wtf

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:31 am
****. once I\'d posted that, I thought I\'d better check again after a niggle in the back of my head...

and I take back all the posts where I said they autocomplete. I must have just assumed I was mistaken about the genre names, and moved on to something else. Probably worth a bug report.

SergioS
Registered Member

Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:41 am
Cool, thanks. so I\'m not crazy after all.