This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: Player window

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Diego Torquemada

Feature request: Player window

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:30 pm
Is it possible that the player window (in one-line-big mode) has a look more similar to the one of WINAMP / XMMS? I mean, I would like to have it without that horrible frame of a window: just a little bit smaller, and two pannels: 1) the controls: the pause, play, forward, rewind controls, etc and 2) the tile of the song (without scrolling) ? Also, it should have an option like always on top... this is the feature I miss the most from XMMS / WINAMP.
Max

Re:Feature request: Player window

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:46 pm
or even better... what about the player window to look like XMMS and support also skins? that would be the DEFINITIVE step to kick XMMS of the top 1. A lot of people was born and grew up with WINAMP-like features... so, we will not miss them anymore.
dum
Registered Member

Re: Feature request: Player window

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:27 pm
I was planning to post a topic about skinning the "xmms" window, But there is already an topic  :cool:

Ok I really like amaroK a lot but I really missing the option to skin the xmms windows (with alfablending),
like winamp / bsplayer / windows media player (do not like the player only the skins  :rolleyes:)
For the people that want the classic look of amaroK can select " no skin" so everybody can be happy. but that is just my opinion  :biggrin:
It will be nice to see this comming in the next releases of amaroK.

So... Just a skin for the "xmms"  player windows and (maybe the eq), will do fine!
I think that also that skinning the main playlist (like itunes) can be nice, but I also like the "KDE"  look so thats nog a big thing to me. :smilie:

Keep up the good work!

Dum ... Burps... sorry about that.. :redface:

Last edited by dum on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:14 pm
I disagree, I never missed a xmms-like window (though you can have it), as I am mainly interested in the playlist.
But hey, why not using superkaramba or something else to produce something really fancy, it's your call and dcop gives you all the power you need.
dum
Registered Member

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:41 am
yes with superkaramba you can have a skin for amaroK but its always loaded, if you have a skin native in amaroK it's loading when amaroK is active and close when amaroK is not running. (what i mean that superkaramba themes are always running and taking my system sources away).
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:42 pm
There's no need to stick to superkaramba. You could develop a ruby script for amarok that's building a player window and communicates with dcop. This would have the behavior you are looking for (starting and stopping with amarok)
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Heh, for all the supposed demand for a skinable player, no one has bothered to do it. Cause yea, would be easy with dcop.

Amarok Developer
sebr

Re:Feature request: Player window

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:54 pm
Max wrote:I mean, I would like to have it without that horrible frame of a window:

Maybe you have a huge window manager? We would use the small utility window title (see equaliser for an example), but we can't because the main parent of a widget can't be like this.  Or something along these lines, i know i tried once.
Diego Torquemada
Registered Member

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:03 pm
That the frame of the picture of the center is really ugly... if you could just put it like the first one or the third one it would be perfect!

That is enough!

I like to have that bar while working (on top of all other windows)... if you give click on it, then Amarok will totally open.