This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help in using amarok playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Simon Su
Registered Member

Help in using amarok playlist

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:04 am
Hello,

when I add all my mp3 files in a directory to the playlist, it will play one mp3 on the list and stop. How do you set it so that it will continue on to the next mp3 on the list?

I am running amarok from the default installation on SUSE 10 x86_64 platform.

Thank you

Simon
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Help in using amarok playlist

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 am
SUSE\'s 64bit Helix engine, which is used by default on SUSE, is inherently broken. You should download xine-lib from the packman archives (including mp3 support), and then use the xine engine instead.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Simon Su
Registered Member

Re:Help in using amarok playlist

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:26 pm
Hi Markey,

Thanks for the tip. You are too advance for me (too cryptic ).... ;) but I managed to figure it out.

For those who wants to know, install these two rpm

ftp://ftp.links2linux.de/pub/packman/su ... x86_64.rpm
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/ ... 4.rpm.html

and amarok-xine package from suse 10 x86_64 installation cd.

amarok-xine will install the xine engine for amarok
xine-mad will provide mp3 support for xine engine
mad is a dependency while installing xine-mad

So you need all three. I did not find those packages on packman archives :huh:

Then change the sound engine to xine instead of the BROKEN helix. It drove me nuts trying to get the playlist to play continuously instead of click the next track button one by one after each mp3. I must have create and re-create the same playlist a few hunderd times before giving up and asked for help here.

And I hope this will save someone else some time in having a playlist that is really a list. :P

Thank you

Simon

Post edited by: ssu, at: 2006/01/06 17:28
Sabyasachi
Thankyou.

I couldn\'t install http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/ ... 4.rpm.html though. It didn\'t find libxine.so.1(64 bit) lol. But it still works. I am writing so that if others have this problem, they know the possibilities ;)

1) I have installed libxine1 from packman repository through yast, which made my xine-lib from suse depricated and removed it.

2) I have amarok-xine from suse.

3) I downloaded mad from packman.

Changed the engine to xine. Closed amarok and restarted it. Now it goes to the next track. I am not sure if it works without a restart though.

Suse should really start shipping working distributions and stop blaming licensing complexities to anything that doesnt work. :dry: