This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

dynamic mode + playlist shuffle, not so random?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Tim Goff
I am using the dynamic mode with \"type of song to append\" set to \"playlist shuffle\". I have the \"Never Played\" smart playlist as the only starred playlist that has been added to dynamic mode. Basically I am trying to get a random mix of the songs that I have never listened to, and if I add teh entire never listened to playlist to my current playlist, it is so big (10492 tracks) that it slows down amarok. Anyway, when I do this, it seems like tracks are only being taken from the beginning of my never played playlist (namely artists whose names start with A, a number, or a punctuation). It seems like some thing in the way the smart playlists work is causing the dynamic playlist to only poll the beginning of the playlist when adding a song to the dynamic playlist. Random mix and Suggested Song dynamic playlists on the other hand, seem to be working fine. Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? is there anyway to get a dynamic playlist of songs I havent played yet that is actually a random sample of songs?

Thanks

~Tim
Tim Goff
Hmmm, I found a way around this I think... I made my own smart playlist that selects tracks that have playcounter = 0 and sort it randomly... I didnt realize I could make my own smart playlists... that its pretty nifty. However my original problem still seems like a problem, as a user would expect that playlist shuffle would actually give shuffled tracks. So I would still be interested in hearing what other people have to say even though i think I have got the behavior I want in another fashion.
dangle_wtf
I noticed the same thing... it\'s fixed in svn, which means it\'ll be fine in amarok-1.4

Post edited by: dangle_wtf, at: 2006/01/07 19:24

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"