This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

An improved \"group by\"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JDam

An improved \"group by\"

Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:04 pm
Hello!

amaroK is a great player and I would like to start using it. I\'ve already installed it with no problems, however there\'s one -- and only one -- thing I miss in its interface: a better \"group by\" button in the Collection pane.

I\'ll explain: in classical music, the concept of \"album\" does not quite apply, since you may have many versions of the same work (e. g., one may have two versions of the \"album\" Symphony no. 9, by Beethoven). This messes up the collection list, since tracks from different versions of the same work are all mixed.

I\'ve looked around and found no way to fix this. I think there are two solutions to this problem:

* There could be an option which, if enabled, treated files in different directories as being from different albums, albeit with the same name.
* There could be another option in the \"group by\" button. For example, I could use the comment field do differentiate albums, so that the grouping would be done as: artist -> album -> comment.

Thank you.