This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

newbee Q, amarok and mythTV?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zeltak

newbee Q, amarok and mythTV?

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:18 pm
hi guys!!

this is my first day of using linux (i switched only becasue of Aamarok!!!), and i am loving it so far. i love it that much that i want to delete my current HTPC and install mythTV on it. the only problem is that i am a huge music fan and i understand that MythTV dosent handle 60,000 mp3 very well B) . I love amarok but couldnt see a plugin or anything of that type regarding mythTV or an htpc view. is something like that possible or in the works? thx alot in advance and keep up the amazing work!!

Zeltak
zeltak

Re:newbee Q, amarok and mythTV?

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:43 am
Hi again

i noticed there was now response for quite a while, can the developers tell me if there is some sort of future plans for anything like a that (a graphic interface for amarok for HTPC)?if not can anyone recomend a good music player for a huge library (over 50K songs) for an linux HTPC (myth TV)? I used to use Jriver media center as a fronend for my windows (yuck) based HTPC, its a bit similar to amarok and they added a \"theatre view\" screen within the program where you can use only keyboard keys to control it (change songs etc...)

thx alot, love Amarok, its one of the things that allowed me to change from windows!!11

Zeltak
James

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:27 am
I would also like to know this I use amarok on my main machine but would love to use it on my mythtv boxes with better sound.
darkelf

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:39 am
Hi!

I think its a great idea. I use MythTv yet i also have a huge music collection. Mythtv simply just cant handle it. All i think is needed is a option within Amarok to present the data (lets say collection) in Large fonts on screen and the ability to use the up/down/left/right keys to choose albums in that view. then i can run amarok in that mode (lets call it Amarok-full screen view) drom within Myth tv and id have the perfect HTPC

Hope to see this implemented in the near future ;)

Mike