This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Remember Last Opened Playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
While most playlists remain unchanged, there are some special playlists I make that are constantly changed.

As one example, I keep a \"verification\" playlist. This playlist includes all music I\'ve ripped from my CDs into MP3 format. Rips don\'t always come out perfectly due to lame hosing something up, or a scratch on the disc or whatever, so I place everything that\'s newly ripped into this verification list.

I then play the verification list occasionally, and once I\'ve done audio verification that a track is good, it gets removed from the verfication list.

I have other lists that regularly change as well for whatever reason.

The Problem: Once I do the changes, in order to save I have to re-type the name of the playlist every time. While not evil in itself, it does get monotonous, and has led to some of my playlists being named A, B, and C and such. :lol:

The Possible Solution: In the drop-down Save menu on the Playlists tab, add a third Save option to \"Save as (last-opened playlist)\", where last-opened playlist will be the remembered name of the playlist that was last opened playlist.

Since amaroK is playlist-oriented, this seems like a good idea to me at least, and would be a great help for those of us with \"dynamic\" playlists that don\'t use amaroK\'s dynamic features.

Posting here for thoughts before submitting a wish. B)