This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Double click to play?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zeltak

Double click to play?

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:15 am
Hi

I was wondering if there was anyway to double click a song/album in the collection and that it would start playing it. it seems very starnge that to listen to an album/song i have to right click on it>Load it> manually press play?!?. im sure there has to be some way around this but i couldnt yet find out how

Thx alot in advance guys, Love Amarok!!!!!!!!

Zeltak
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re:Double click to play?

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:12 pm
Hmm, that\'s exactly what I want it to be: Doppelclick in the collection browser will NOT play the track, especially not if amarok is already playing.
My way of using amaroK is: Creating a playlist, probably start with a track while adding more tracks that I want to be queued up. It would drive me mad if amarok would play each track I would add by a doubleclick.
Parkotron

Re:Double click to play?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:18 pm
I was just mentioning this on the IRC channel.

[18:49] Does anyone else find it frustrating that you can\'t PLAY an album from the collection browser? If you right click an album you have the option to load the album, append the album or enqueue the album. No of those actually cause the album to play. I have to load the album and double click on the first item. It seems like an unnecessary step. i\'d like to see an option to "Load and Play".
[18:49] sounds like laziness
[18:49] * psibyrion runs
[18:49] jk Parkotron
[18:50] There\'s no question about whether or not I\'m lazy, but I think it makes sense to be able to play an album with a single step.
[18:51] iirc you cant play anything like that
[18:51] I guess the same it\'s the same for songs or artists or anything else.
-- cut --
[18:57] I guess the ideal for me would be if there were five items in the context menu: Load, Load and Play, Append to Playlist, Append to Playlist and Play, Queue Track(s); with an option to choose which is the default double click behaviour.
[18:57] But I guess some would call that bloat.

At the very least I think a "Load and Play" context menu item is needed. I use amaroK to play whole albums, one at a time. I load a single album, listen to it until it finishes then I load and play another. I understand that people have different playlisting styles, but amaroK\'s inability to load and play a song, album, artist, genre, etc from the collection browser seems restrictive.
GaBMaTrIx
Registered Member

Re: Double click to play?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:17 pm
I'm all for that too!

At least we need an option. I don't understand why everybody seems fine with this missing *basic* feature.

Maybe a script could fill the gap?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Double click to play?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:20 pm
Already implemented in SVN.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer