This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok for Ubuntu (Debian packages)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pochu

Amarok for Ubuntu (Debian packages)

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:47 pm
Why .deb packages are 1.3.1 (Ubuntu Breezy) when last amaroK release is 1.3.8?
Why nobody compiles amaroK for Debian and Ubuntu? Then, somebody will be able to upgrade Amarok.
For example, some time ago (2 or 3 months) I hadn\'t got lyrics support, but 2 or 3 months amarok crashed and I don\'t know how to solve it. I have deleted the file /user/.kde/share/config/amarokrc and It doesn\'t go on anyway. I know I can install amarok with the .tar.gz file, but I\'m new in linux and I\'ve had problems before with other programs, so if I can to get a new release of amarok compiled for debian, I\'ll do it.
Now, I have realplayer to play music, and I loved amaroK, so I\'d like to return to it.

Please, answer me. I\'ll understand all the answers.

pochu

PS: I\'m not angry. Excuse me if it seems another think
PS: Sorry for my English.
Jocke "Firetech" Andersson
Registered Member
Ubuntu has a stability policy and only updates stable packages with security fixes. The Kubuntu team, however, provide some \"official\" packages that can\'t be included in the standard repo\'s for the above reason.
Check http://www.kubuntu.org for recent amaroK packages, and recent KDE versions.

Post edited by: Firetech, at: 2006/02/10 15:53

Don't care about my post count. I'm an IRC guy, occational hacker and part of roKymotion.

"I will run gentoo when pigs fly. By the time that happens, I'll have a sufficient computer."