This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

suggestion for Queue Manager

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jman

suggestion for Queue Manager

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:33 pm
Suggestions to improve Queue Manager.

I can use the queue manager (QM) to set up the queue, and I can also do it in the playlist directly via the mouse or Ctrl-D (or other hotkey).

However, changes to the queue made in the QM window are not reflected in the playlist until I hit the \'OK\' button in the QM. This is unintuitive and can be problematic... if I am setting the queue using the QM, but have not hit OK yet, and then try to add something to the queue via the playlist, it gets set in unexpected positions once I hit the QM OK button.

It would be much better if changes in the QM were reflected in the playlist (ie the numbers were adjusted & displayed) in real time, and vice versa.

Also: when I have songs in the queue, there is a small icon that shows the number of songs queue at the bottom of the amarok window. Clicking this icon gets me a menu with queue info. This is great. However, when I double click the icon it would be convenient to launch the QM window directly, rather than have to select it from the menu. (Doulbe clicking the icon currently does nothing).

Using amarok 1.3.8 on KDE 3.5
xalen
Registered Member

Re: suggestion for Queue Manager

Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:13 pm
I second that.  A temporary, and hopefully quick fix, but not really solving the problem would be an "apply" button in the queue manager.