This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

1.4 Feature Request: Set Rating to 0 in Playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
Yeah, I know, right-click the rating in the playlist > Edit tag \"rating\" and set it to 0.

But I think it would be nice to have a 1-click way to set the rating back to 0/unrated as easily as it is to mark 1-5.

With a lot of tracks, I end up accidently rating the wrong track in the playlist on what seems to be regular intervals, and need to change them back. :S

Or decide I didn\'t rate a track correctly, and want to set it to 0 to rate it later.

jniklast
It\'s not directly related to this problem, but I think it would be nice if you were able to change the rating of a song by clicking on the stars shown in the context browser, since I don\'t like to add a whole new column to the playlist.
imported-shiny
Registered Member
Well, with a bit of dcop and khotkeys magic, everything is possible!
What you need is:
[code:1]dcop amarok player setRating 0[/code:1]
or something similar, because I\'m not in kde right now.
I\'ve even reproduced full Win+num functionality with dcop since I wasn\'t aware of those shortcuts :).
dominik
I would like to have that feature too. IMHO the best way for solving this would be to make the first star toggeable.

btw, what about painting the first star in a different color? Because I think, if a song has a star, it couldn\'t be ****. I think about real world, if a hotel is rated with one star, it isn\'t ****. Or what about a thumb down as the first rating pic? Or maybe using a rating scale instead of stars would be better!?

I don\'t know why, but the first time I rated songs, I gave \"good\" songs one star. If I didn\'t like a song, I didn\'t rate it, cause I thought it was confusing to give a bad song a star.

dominik