This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Offline modus

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tokes

Offline modus

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:56 pm
Hi all,
first I have to thank the community for this nice player!

Now my feature proposal:
I would love an offline modus for I am just some time connected to the internet. Using my laptop\'s touchpad it happens quite some time that i click on one of the online services. Than after a while i am told not to be online...
Would be cool do disable and enable all online features by some clicks. Could be via Settings->\'Offline Modus\' or Settings->\'Configure Amarok\' -> Some checkboxes

Googling, I only found the option to disable amazon and musicbrainz at compiling time. That is not a good solution for me since home i use them...

I found several posts from people that do not like software that uses the internet without being told to. For them an offline modus would also be a solution to use amarok.

Greetz
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Offline modus

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:03 pm
tokes wrote:
Hi all,
I found several posts from people that do not like software that uses the internet without being told to. For them an offline modus would also be a solution to use amarok.

there\'s quite some difference between clicking on something and it starts a web interaction and just connection to internet without user interaction
amaroK doesn\'t do the later one, even not for last.fm stuff

and sorry, but your reason for such a feature is VERY lame, just don\'t click it, I say (even if it happens by accident -> configure your touchpad more precise in that case)

I personally don\'t see any need for such a feature

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.