This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic + random mode - why is it impossible?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Pond247
Why is it impossible to use these two modes at the same time? It would be nice to have an ever growing playlist, that repeats the titles from time to time. Only dynamic mode results in having the same music style all the time in later times and sometimes even the same artist has many songs in a row.
But the random button is disabled when using dynamic mode. What is the advantage of this so called feature?
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
erm dynamic playlists don\'t result in same genre, artist or anything as long as you don\'t use such a playlist

and since dynamic playlists are just random playlists for the collection (or a defined part of the collection, eg. aritist=mob) isn\'t it sensfull to use random mode on a randomed playlist

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
Pond247
I\'m talking about the audioscrobbler dynamic mode. It adds the new songs to the end of the playlist. And in my opinion it tends to stabilize on a few artists (in most cases Coldplay, RHCP and JBO) after some time. Other bands (less known or local ones) will never appear again after the first songs are played.
Enabling random and dynamic mode at the same time would allow to hear these from time to time while extending the playlist and keeping the proportions of music styles. Furthermore it would be possible to use the same growing playlist over a longer time without losing the titles already played (okay, this is also possible with \"remove played tracks\" [I do not knw the correct English descriptions] in the playlist menu).
For the developers want the combination to be disabled it will probably never be possible - Is there any way that makes it possible for me to change this in the sources, even if I\'m a C++ beginner? In which file should I search for the lines that block the button?