This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

rating not appearing in 1.4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zeltak

rating not appearing in 1.4?

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 am
hi guys

i have a huge music collection (50k). they are all tagged in windows and the ratings appear there. the problem is that when i import the files into amarok the id3 tags appaer well yet ALL the ratings are missing. any ideas on how to get t he ratings appear in Amarok?

thx alot

Zeltak
rokkford
Registered Member

Re:rating not appearing in 1.4?

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:13 am
you can add them manually in the playlist browser.
add a new sharing-column and add 1-5 stars to the song and then they will apperar.
this has been dicussed a lot in the forum ;)

dangle_wtf

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 am
if you want a quick start, you can install the amarok script \'score2rating\' which translates the scores of tracks you\'ve played with amarok into their equivalent rating.

Note though, that scores and ratings from windows apps stay in windows. They\'re not stored in a track\'s tag, but in a database maintained by that app. With amarok, the scores and ratings are also only stored in your collection database, not in the tags of individual tracks.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
zeltak

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:24 pm
Hi

thx for the answers!!

is there any way at all to make amarok embed the ratings tag into the files. it is very important to me to have this option

thx alot

Zeltak
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 pm
Well, you should be able to write a script that transfer the \"ratings\" into the tags as comments or something like that... I think.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts