This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

iPod synchronization?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SiberianHotDog

iPod synchronization?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:17 pm
i don\'t kniw if its just me, but i can\'t find a real synchronization for media devices.

is there a way to sync my ipod with amarok without copying every file every time?

P.S.: im using an more or less up to date svn build(i think its from last week ;))
ossi

Re:iPod synchronization?

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:38 pm
This would be a nice feature. Also for ipod users a feature to send your songs you\'ve played on the way to your last.m profile would be cool, since this is possible through. So it would have to look something like this:

1: Mount ipod
2: send songs to last.fm through using something similar to this:
http://projects.afterglo.ws/wiki/AudioPodHome
3: synchronize with library from amarok
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:09 pm
No, there is no such thing: up to now you can\'t synchronize a playlist from amaroK to your media device. But some day, this will be implemented.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:12 pm
Updating your last.fm profile with the songs played on your iPod works in current svn. Just enable \'submit songs played to last.fm\' in the general configuration and check \'synchronize statistics\' in the media device/ipod configuration.
mambro

Re: iPod synchronization?

Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm
It could be a real usefull feature.. Do you know when it will be implemeted?
Aaron Cooper
Registered Member

Wed May 17, 2006 3:35 pm
mambro wrote:It could be a real usefull feature.. Do you know when it will be implemeted?

You can use Yami Pod to submit the stats.  Google it.
mambro

Wed May 17, 2006 5:07 pm
I was talking about the synchronization from the amarok library to the ipod library  :wink:
Napalm Llama
Registered Member

Sun May 21, 2006 7:49 pm
Hi - I think we're talking about the same thing here.
What I'd like is if I update some tag info, or add album art, amaroK realises this next time I connect my iPod and copies it across, without the need for me to manually delete the track and re-transfer it.

I might have misunderstood what you meant, but I think what I just said would be a good idea, too...
:smilie:

[size=0]Gentoo Linux 2005.0 w/ kernel 2.6.16; amd64; nForce3; sata; GeForce 6600gt agp[/size]
"The sauce is strong in you, young Piewalker!"
Registered Linux User #381314