This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

last.fm button ON/OFF + dir selection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
patpi
hi!

Two requests

1) Please add \"last.fm button\" which may ON and OFF sending info to last.fm. Button which may by added to toolbars (same as \"stop\" , \"play\" , \"rondomly\" etc). It would be nice IMO...

2) Also about last.fm... Could you add, in configuration about last.fm, option to not peopole files from some folders? Winamp plugin has option to chose \"not showed\" directories.

greetings
patpi
ups

\"2) Also about last.fm... Could you add, in configuration about last.fm, option to not peopole files from some folders? Winamp plugin has option to chose \"not showed\" directories.\"

* (...) to not show people from last.fm files from some folders (...)

sory ;]
dangle_wtf
\"2) Also about last.fm... Could you add, in configuration about last.fm, option to not peopole files from some folders? Winamp plugin has option to chose \"not showed\" directories.\"

This makes no sense to me. If you use amarok\'s features properly, that is, set up smart playlists, then you should never hear the music you don\'t want to listen to... which means it will never be added to your last.fm profile.

If you\'re listening to music that you\'re embarrassed to have on your profile, then you\'re tweaking your last.fm profile, and deserve to have to do it the hard way :evil:

If one or two tracks get added that you *really* don\'t want, then use the last.fm profile editor to remove them there.

The whole idea of last.fm though, is that *all* the music you listen to goes on your profile, to build an accurate musical profile. Anything else is cheating ;)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
patpi
and what about 1) ? anyone want it?
kris
i think the purpose of 2) is mainly for people who allow other people such as brothers, sisters etc to use their pcs from time to time and listen to music which can look rather odd in comparison to other music on your profile
jux
dangle_wtf wrote:
If you\'re listening to music that you\'re embarrassed to have on your profile, then you\'re tweaking your last.fm profile, and deserve to have to do it the hard way :evil:

I have some songs that have not been published or I are recordings trainings. Also I listen to some recorded talk shows that IMHO don\'t need to be in last.fm profile. I\'d really like to have my last.fm profile showing only the _music_ i listen to.
s|mon
I could see use for such an deactivation feature for e.g. some podcasts. I\'m having one with german news wich is labeled \"Tagesschau\", if i would listen it within amaroK it sure would be my No 1 Track, which it is definitively not, it\'s daily news nothing else.
I don\'t know if such thing would be cheating, anyway it\'s not so important, but maybe some aspect to think about.
imported-shiny
Registered Member
and what about 1) ? anyone want it?

I think we have to wait until projects like Solid rise up, so we can easily use online/offline policies. Stuff for amarok v2.0, I guess. Anyway, in the meantime, a dcop call (something like toggleLastfmSubmit()) could be added (if there is no such yet), so one could easily bind it to some key shortcut.
dangle_wtf
s|mon wrote:
I could see use for such an deactivation feature for e.g. some podcasts. I\'m having one with german news wich is labeled "Tagesschau", if i would listen it within amaroK it sure would be my No 1 Track, which it is definitively not, it\'s daily news nothing else.
I don\'t know if such thing would be cheating, anyway it\'s not so important, but maybe some aspect to think about.

Then you\'ll be happy to see this...

http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/kde/amarok/.message/cfd2e

Don\'t submit podcasts to last.fm
BUG: 118987

Post edited by: dangle_wtf, at: 2006/04/04 04:51

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"