This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok causes ipod to go read-only

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ryan

Amarok causes ipod to go read-only

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:13 pm
grr...amarok was working a couple of days ago (sortof) but it kept crashing...soo....i decided to update to svn (maybe that was the problem?)

anyhow, every time amarok even touches my ipod it goes into read-only mode. Making it impossible to copy any sort of music to the thing :(.

any insight into this problem would be amazing :)...thank you all in advance.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer
Can you manually create files on your iPod? E.g. if your ipod is mounted at /media/ipod, what is the result of \'touch /media/ipod/x\'?
ryan
Prior to Amarok touching it, yes, i can add, delete edit, etc. files.....as soon as amarok touches the thing it drops into read-only mode.
stan
Same here... :(
jetpeach
I have this same problem. Running Kubuntu Dapper w/ Beta2. Once the amarok.lock file appears, nothing can write to the ipod, including amarok!

It\'s an ipod video 30gb (4th gen I think?).
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer
So you all mean that creating the amaroK.lock file causes your ipod to be remounted read-only? This is hard to believe for me. Do you know of a manual way (w/o using amaroK) to induce the same behaviour? What does the command \'dmesg\' show?