This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Track statistics

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piku
Registered Member

Track statistics

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:48 pm
Hello :)

I\'ve been using Amarok for a while now and find it really nice to use. Being able to pick out tracks from my vast collection based on how popular I think they are is really cool :)

I\'ve got two requests though:

It\'d be really helpful if when pressing \"stop\" the current track didn\'t have its score adjusted. IMO it shouldn\'t matter to the ratings if I stop listening to a track - pressing \"stop\" doesn\'t mean I dislike the playing track, it just means I want to stop listening to it.

At the moment, if I\'m listening to something but want to stop listening (suppose I have to go out or need to turn my computer off) I need to do the awkward thing of choosing \"stop playing after track\" and then wait for the track to end or move the slider to the end of the track.

The other one is related to re-installing Amarok. When I upgraded from KDE 3.4 to 3.5 and recompiled Amarok all the statistics for my collection vanished. This happened even though I was using the MySQL backend, so are there any vitally important files I need to copy from ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok when doing a backup or re-installing things?

It seems that when Amarok starts for the first time, even if I choose MySQL in the wizard it defaults to SQLite, builds a collection and then because the SQLite database is empty, all the tracks have no playing stats - even if I then connect back to my MySQL database.

If I dump the MySQL SQL data to a file then re-insert it once I\'ve got Amarok talking to MySQL it should work without any lost data, shouldn\'t it? If that\'s the case I\'ll have a play and check it\'s not me doing something stupid :blink:

I\'m currently using version 1.3.8 as 1.4 beta 1 crashes trying to copy my non-existant collection.db file and I can\'t work out how to add the fix to the Gentoo ebuild.
rokkford
Registered Member

Re:Track statistics

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 am
save ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db