This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

My Compilation/Various Artists don\'t get picked up

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
verus
Hello all my Various Artists mp3s are tagged like this

Artist: Various Artists
Album: Random CD
Title: Johnny - Song Title

This way when I set \"Mark as compilation\" it just thinks the artist is \"Various Artists\" and not Johnny, looks pretty ugly in the context browser too.

Is there some setting I can change to make amarok see Johnny as the artist? Or do I need to retag all my stuff
Hans
Administrator
OS
Set artist = Johnny?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
verus
Yea but I have 200~ compilatons. And If i retag them they will break other things, I was kind of hoping there is some change I can make in amarok itself.
SamSam
verus wrote:
Yea but I have 200~ compilatons. And If i retag them they will break other things, I was kind of hoping there is some change I can make in amarok itself.

you can try advanced tagging programs, and set the artist tag from the filename.
I sometimes run foobar2000 (windows app) just for that kind of task. there\'s probably linux apps that can let you setup masstagging scripts easily.