This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Got a dog that howls?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dangle_wtf

Got a dog that howls?

Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:23 pm
The roKymotion team are looking for that definitive amarok sound... in keeping with our wolf logo, we\'d like a short clip of either a wolf howling, or failing that, a decent dog\'s howl.

If you have a dog that howls (some examples include Beagles, Dingos, Malamutes and Huskies) we\'d love a recording of it. Any sound clips submitted must be released under the Creative Commons licence, and completely free for us to use and distribute with amaroK.

Please post any submissions (preferably as a wav file) to either amarok-promo@lists.sourceforge.net or attach them here.

We look forward to hearing many howls! :D

Regards, Christie (roKymotion team member)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
feld

Re:Got a dog that howls?

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:32 pm
oh excellent. I can just hear it now...

you open amarok, splash appears with a couple howls toward the night moon........

-Feld
dangle_wtf

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 pm
That\'s pretty much the idea, yes. Although only on first run... even the most die-hard amaroKer wouldn\'t put up with a howl on every startup for long :D

If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Pierre-Andr? Leclair

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:57 pm
Even better, make it configurable so that the user can select how many startups to play the howling sound. So maybe one could set it each time, another every 2 times, another one 5 times.. you get the point?

Sorry for my english too, i\'m french :)

Greeting from french canada :)

Pierre-Andr? Leclair

PS: I\'d really like to see libnjb support soon in amarok. I saw someone say that amarok already support zen micro, but it doesnt.. it\'s not a removable drive, it needs libnjb to works properly.. sure you can mount it as a usb drive, but then you cannot play the song in that partition on the zen micro, so apart from moving songs from one place to another, it\'s useless.

Thanks for the best player around, there is simply no substitute for amaroK.
Paul

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:22 pm
You can easily find wolf or dog howling sounds on Limewire...I\'ve done it on a number of occasions.
dangle_wtf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:30 pm
Any sound clips submitted must be released under the Creative Commons licence, and completely free for us to use and distribute with amaroK.