This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sort Albums by Date

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
elusivespoon

Sort Albums by Date

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:40 pm
It would be nice if albums in the Collection tab were sorted by date instead of alphabetically by title. I suspect most people when they think of albums by a particular artist think of them in the order of their release.
Gleb Litvjak
Registered Member

Re:Sort Albums by Date

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:48 pm
Already implemented. Click the \"Group By\" button on top of the collection, and select \"Artist / Year - Album\" from the list. Mission accomplished :)
sdyson
Registered Member

Re:Sort Albums by Date

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:12 pm
Gleb Litvjak wrote:Already implemented. Click the "Group By" button on top of the collection, and select "Artist / Year - Album" from the list. Mission accomplished :)

That's fine until an artist releases more than one record a year...
dangle_wtf

Re: Sort Albums by Date

Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:28 pm
In which case, how is ANYTHING meant to know the chronology?

Best you could do is change the album name to reflect the order so when the albums are sorted alphabetically, that's the way they're sown - but that impacts elsewhere, like last.fm submission.

"Group By... > Artist/year - album" is probably the best you'll get.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
sdyson
Registered Member

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:07 pm
Yeah, you're right. I was just pointing out it wasn't perfect. I've often wondered why ID3 didn't include an field for the exact release date of a record, that would solve the problem.
thenktor
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Would be great if non album tracks could be sort without the \"Artist / Year - Album\" rule. I have some artist with 10 different non album tracks and each track is sort under a different year.