This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

next track in OSD

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
supermihi

next track in OSD

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:57 pm
Hi all!
First: I LOVE AMAROK!
Just had to be said, this is really the first player I know that I really love (I never liked winamp, some time I was quite contended with Musicmath Jukebox, but it was very unstable, and since I switched to Linux it was no alternative).

Now my little suggestion, that just came in my mind while listening to music with amaroK:
I\'d like a feature to display the next track in the playlist in the OSD menu. Because I heard the current song fading out and wanted to know which would come next (dynamic playlist). I love the OSD menu and I use it often (with a specially assigned key on a multimedia keyboard this is really a handy feature), and this would make it even better.
Just an idea. :-) What I also would like to do is display the current elapsed time of a song in OSD.
imported-shiny
Registered Member

Re:next track in OSD

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:37 am
Yeah, OSD and taskbar tooltip could use some feature upgrade :). Things like easy rating, progress bars, and different font sizes could be very handy. Also, next and previous tracks on OSD (and buttons like \"skip\") is something what I always wanted.

EDIT: I know there are shortcuts for most operations, but many people are not aware of them.

Post edited by: shiny, at: 2006/04/04 04:43