This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to force track-info submission to last.fm?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dimka
Hello, amarok users/devels!

Is it possible to somehow force amarok to send (and perhaps receive) info to \'last.fm\'?

Maybe some DCOP call? (it would be very nice)
Tried to search for something alike in kdcop - not found ;).

Why might I need this?
Simple - I\'m dialup user and like to have amarok communicating with last.fm after i\'m online.

And one more thing. Just curious - under what circumstances does submission of played tracks to last.fm happens? And how many tracks are remembered if submittion attempt fails?

Tried to look for answers in amarok\'s sources, and found something, though not sure I understood right :).
Would be great if someone knowlegeable provides me with facts :).

Thanks in advance! :)
Gleb Litvjak
Registered Member
AFAIK, the track is submitted after 1/2 of it is played.
Dimka
Thanks!
The sources seem to approve it :).
Maybe you also know something about \"failed-for-submission\"-queue length?

So no way to force submission?
Aaron Cooper
Registered Member
From my experience, it submits all the \"listens\" you have amassed since your last successful submission. I don\'t think you need to worry about it \"forgetting\" one of your plays.

A simple way to force it to submit your plays is by playing another track while online. It should try to submit that play, but will first have to submit your previously unsuccessful submissions.
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer
It queues up to 500 submissions. When the half of a track (for which submission is allowed by last.fm) is reached, submitting up to 10 items is tried. After that, some time (as provided by last.fm) has to pass until the next packet of 10 queued tracks is submitted.
So, your old tracks won\'t get lost easily, but it\'s near to impossible to submit everything when you are just connected for a short period of time.