This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Temporary Smart Playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hans
Administrator
OS
Alright. Here is the background to my request:

Smart playlists are great! However, sometimes I just want to listen to the top rated tracks by \"Porcupine Tree\", or I want 50 random songs from the genre \"Rock\". Yes, this can easily be done with smart playlists. But I want to make it even more fast and easy!

The actual request:

How about a \"Temporary Smart Playlist\"? That is simply a smart playlist that doesn\'t get saved, it is only used once. You could add a shortcut key, a toolbar item or select it from the menu bar - when you do, a window similar to the \"Create Smart Playlist\" window appear. You type your criterias and then click \"Append to Playlist\" (or something like that) and poff, your tracks are added!

Why?

I think it would be a very nive feature. It should be very effective, if you know what you\'re looking for (e.g most played songs with \"Happy\" in the comments) you can add these tracks, fast and easy! There should be an option, when you\'re creating the playlist, to save it as a Smart Playlist.

Well, what do you think? Comments, suggestions? Thank you for reading this.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts