This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Import Ratings from iTunes XML Library

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LvanderRee
Registered Member
Sorry completely missed the reply.

It's a while since I used this script myself, but adding the xml file to your media doesn't do a thing. There should be a pop-up window asking for the xml file and not a yellow window reporting an error. Do you know what the error said? Maybe I could help to solve it when you tell what goes wrong.
bassfr33k
Registered Member
Just thought I'd add some notes on using the script.

It worked for me. I had to modify it a little bit since I'm using MySQL, so I just made it print out REPLACE statements, killed the non-SQL output, and redirected it to an SQL file which I imported into MySQL.

There is a problem (at least with my Amarok 1.4.4) that the statistics aren't recognised, because the uniqueid and deviceid fields don't match what Amarok has for those tracks (in fact they're both NULL).

To rectify this, I ran this against the MySQL database afterwards:
UPDATE statistics a INNER JOIN uniqueid b ON a.url=b.url SET a.uniqueid=b.uniqueid, a.deviceid=b.deviceid;

Note that since the default SQLite DB can't do joins during an update, you'd need to find some other way to do it, probably by dumping out the uniqueid table and manging it with another perl script to product a SQL update file for the statistics table.

Thanks for the script though. Nice to have my ratings :)
Creap
Registered Member
OS
LvanderRee wrote:Sorry completely missed the reply.

It's a while since I used this script myself, but adding the xml file to your media doesn't do a thing. There should be a pop-up window asking for the xml file and not a yellow window reporting an error. Do you know what the error said? Maybe I could help to solve it when you tell what goes wrong.

Well, the thing is, I don't get an error msg at all. And no popup asking for the xml file. Here's how it looks:

1. Pressing run,
2. appears immediately, loads for about 5 seconds, stops. Nothing else happens.

Is there something particular I need to do before running the script? Editing something?
gaspipe1
Registered Member
I have the same problem. Does it matter where the library.xml file is?
muro
Registered Member
Please try the script that is on the amarok script page http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Scripts  or you can go directly here: http://zanfishen.com/delights/itunesratings.html. If it doesn't work for you, drop me an email and I'll do my best to help you (I am the original author). Email is on the web page of the script.

I have't included leons accented characters yet, but if you don't have any, you should have no troubles. I will add accented characters support shortly.